Moringa ( Drumstick tree) is one of the easiest and fast growing tree. The Moringa tree requires very less maintenance.
Here are some reasons why Moringa ( Drumstick) is called Miracle Tree
1. A Rich Nutritional Profile
- 9 times the protein of yogurt
- 10 times the vitamin A of carrots
- 15 times the potassium of bananas
- 17 times the calcium of milk
- 12 times the vitamin C of oranges
- 25 times the iron of spinach
2. Antioxidants Galore
drumstick leaves are rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, quercetin, and chlorogenic acid. “The leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree have been reported to demonstrate antioxidant activity due to its high amount of polyphenols.
Moringa oleifera extracts of both mature and tender leaves exhibit strong antioxidant activity against free radicals, prevent oxidative damage to major biomolecules, and give significant protection against oxidative damage.”
Women taking 1.5 teaspoons of moringa leaf powder daily for three months, blood levels of antioxidants increased significantly
3. Lower Blood Sugar Levels
One study found women who took seven grams of moringa leaf powder daily for three months reduced their fasting blood sugar levels by 13.5 percent.8
Separate research revealed that adding 50 grams of moringa leaves to a meal reduced the rise in blood sugar by 21 percent among diabetic patients.
4. Reduce Inflammation
5. Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels
It is also used to cleaning water. Seeds crushed to a powder are used to clarify turbid, dirty water. The cleansing takes place by a process of electrical charges established between the muddy particles suspended in the water and the pulverised seeds, and gradually, after about an hour, the muddy particles are pulled to the bottom of the water by the force of gravity.
How to Grow Moringa ( Drumstick tree):
1. Find a sunny place
2. Make square holes in the ground 30 to 60 cm deep
3. Fill the hole with loose ground
4. Plant the seed 1 cm deep
5. Give the ground some water but not too much, otherwise the seed may rotten.
6. Within 1-2 weeks the Miracle springs out the ground! Happy Growing 🙂
Image credit: http://miracletrees.org/