In this post we will see how to prepare Pazha Karaisal (பழக்கரைசல்). This is a simple way to create your own rich organic fertilizer recipe
|S.No.||Ingredient Name||Qty in Litres/Kgs|
|1||Ripened Fruits||10 Kgs|
|2||Cow’s Urine||3 Litres|
- Different Fruits like Papaya, Banana, Mango, Sapota, Guava etc can be used.
Method of Preparation
- Squash the different fruits to make a semi solid paste.
- Add Cow’s Urine & Water to it.
- Allow the solution to ferment for 7 days.
- The manure should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution.
Method of Storage
- The manure should be kept in the shade and covered with a wire mesh or plastic mosquito net to prevent houseflies from laying eggs and the formation of maggots (worms) in the solution. This is applicable during the preparation as well as during the shelf life of the pesticide as well.
How long can we store the Manure?
- Not Applicable
How to use the Manure?
- Spray System – The manure can be applied as a foliar spray.
- Flow System – The solution of manure can be mixed with irrigation water, either through drip irrigation or flow irrigation.
When to use the Manure?
- Generally, the ideal time for spraying is during 6 am to 8.30 am and between 4 pm and 6.30 pm.
- Generally, it is accepted that every 15 days the manure can be applied.